Friday, July 9, 2010

Project: my wedding invitations...

Wow busy friday for me! I have been running around all day today.... very productive but boy is it good to just sit in front of my computer for a little bit. Among the garage sale rummaging, iced latte sipping and grocery shopping I have had wedding invitations on my brain!

Now I know you all are dying to see what I have up my creative sleeves for the design of my invitations but I really want it to be a surprise! So instead I am going to share a few websites that have REALLY inspired different aspects of what I am coming up with.

Emmy Lu Designs :

Most of this oh so talented company are a little too simple for my taste but they have a amazing sense for good type/information layout. They really know how to pull out just the right information and let the other text be subordinate. I love this layout.....



April Ink:

This stationery boutique has the most unique invitation layouts i have seen! I love the use of type and image AND COLOR!!!! All of the pieces coordinate so well but aren't too similar.... each a piece of artwork in its own. If I wasn't a designer and artist myself I would totally trust Shannon to design for my wedding. Her RSVP layouts are great... especially the one for this package.

There are so many artistic creators out there...... maybe after I post my invitations (probably after my wedding this fall) you all will want me to design yours too!

oh and ps. I will try to not let my next week's project posting be revolving around wedding stuff.... not everyone is in ooo la la wedding land like me :)

we will see what inspires me at the lake this weekend! check back monday
~erin

No comments:

Post a Comment