Thursday, July 22, 2010

Color: dining room colors?

I have had the worst itch (like the itch of a new mosquito bite.... constant and pestering) to repaint my dining room. Currently it is a dark marroon. It is a fairly small room to begin with and the dark color does it no favors. A new dining room table is on my wish list as well of course. So to take a break from the wedding mayhem and from working on my personal website.... i decided to look into some good color combination possibilities for new paint in the dining room.

I have lots of different wood tones that the color needs to coordinate with so i am thinking something fairly neutral but a little modern with maybe a pop of color in the accessories (can you tell i watch HGTV alot???)

These are some color combinations that i really like.
The first one is from Behr paint's website. They have fabulous color ideas and inspiration on there that can translate to just about anything! it is great.

This next one i just found online but am in love with how the beams on the ceiling are painted! what a great way to bring in a little more color... too bad i can't add beams to my ceiling.

and finally these last two images are from West Elm. This company does such a great job using neutral colors in a very trendy yet classic way. LOVE LOVE LOVE

I might have to splurge and buy myself some of these bird plates!
my winter project this year will be painting my dining room.... if i can stand the itch and wait that long... might happen sooner :)  for now i will gather color ideas for it.

back tomorrow!
~erin

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog; it's great! Looking forward to more decorating tips since we just moved into our new house!

    ReplyDelete