Friday, June 18, 2010

Project: Lila

As everything around me is blooming this month I have been particularly inspired to draw flowers. I see so many beautiful gardens when I take max and pugs for their daily walks that it makes me yearn for some extra minutes in my gardens every day. This week I sketched some daisy like flowers (inspired by my little tangerine gerbera daisy potted on my deck) and named them Lila

 
The color pallette I chose is a little more muted than I am used to. I chose to assign the grey shade for the linework to keep that soft so that the flowers stand out from the rich eggplant color of the background. Though I already created many colorways for each pattern, if you would like to see a different color combination just let me know!!
 
Check back with me monday to see what inspired me over the weekend!
Till then.....
~erin

No comments:

Post a Comment