Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Inspired: The Sketchbook Project

I just can't seem to get my Monday post, posted on Mondays.... last night I blame it on my poor little sick Beagle, Pugsly. He wasn't feeling good last night and his sad little puppy eyes got the best of me. My night was devoted to petting and cuddling with him. Needless to say Max (my other dog) was a little jealous :)

However, I do want to share this oh so creative project with you today! I found out about this organization from a post on another blog and it has me giddy with excitement. I am ordering my sketchbook today!

The Sketchbook Project involves purchasing one of their sketchbooks and then pretty much making it YOURS. You also select a topic that you base your creativeness on. I am in need of a regimen like this! Of course there are rules, but for the most part 'the book is your oyster'. The cool thing about these books is that they barcoded/ assigned a number. Once you complete your sketchbook you ship it back and it travels around the US! They have shows where people can go and visit all of the books! The artist gets notified when someone checks out their sketchbook to view. How cool is that!


This has inspired me to do more artsy creative things .... hope it inspires you as well!
Buy a SketchBook!
~erin

2 comments:

  1. the only issue I have with this is that you pay them for YOUR art and who knows if they make a profit on all of it themselves... ya know? Its a really fun cool idea... but I don't like that you have to pay so much for the sketch book. I don't know... makes me feel funny...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is very cool. Sadly, my creative juices go into writing and not sketching. I can't draw to save my life!

    P.S. I'm have a MN/WI blog get together on August 22nd. If you're interested, feel free to stop by my blog and/or drop me an email!

    ReplyDelete