Friday, June 25, 2010

Project: Cutesy Kenzie

What a week! Hard to believe it is yet again Friday. Though the week was busy busy busy I allowed myself a little creative hiatus and created a brite yet calming design. I named it Kenzie. Cute name for a cute pattern.

I saw a photo with the poppies and pods in a magazine and sketched them out. Then the search for the perfect color palette began. I didnt want to do the usual red or orange poppies so I looked for another combination that would have a green and a different warm color. I came across various inspiring color combinations with magentas in them..... gorgeous! I loved the vivid magenta paired with a pink with a yellow base for the flowers. By placing the very yellow green behind it the flowers jump right off the page. The pods were meant to be more subtle so I left them just the taupe line art with a white knock out and overlapped them in differing ways. Then I pulled in a great cool neutral color in the coordinate pattern. The blue grey calms the boldness of the flowers perfectly.


















Being the cloudy day that it is ..... I think it is the perfect day to spend in my studio. Time to be inspired!
Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you back here on monday
~erin

No comments:

Post a Comment